Pears are a good source of dietary fiber and Vitamin C.This is a healthy homemade jam and since its fresh,this would give a fresh kick to your breakfast table.Kids would love it on anything like toast , eggs , cereals etc.
Any kind of pear would do. Asian pear,normal pear or red pear.The choice is yours.I have used Asian pear for this recipe.
Pear - 2
Lemon - 1
Powdered Sugar - 3 tblsp
Colored fruit Candy - 3-4
Cooking the Pear
- Peel the outer skin of the pears and chop them into very small cubes.
- Add 3 tblsp of sugar and mix it well.
( Before Cooking )
- Transfer it to a microwave safe bowl and let it cook for 4-5 mins until they are soft and well cooked. The quantity will be reduced by half.
( After Cooking )
- Drain the excess water and let it cool at room temperature for about 2 min.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze half a lemon over the mixture and mix it well.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 min. Do not freeze as the jam will become crystals.
- The jam is ready to serve. Serve it as cubes or mash it until a smooth paste is formed.
The same procedure can be followed to make an apple jam.
(Consume within 2 days)
Decorating the Jam(optional)
- Take any colored fruit candy. I have used lemon flavored candy. Put 3 – 4 candies in a blender and crush them for only 5-10 sec and make sure u get crystals and not powder.
- Place these candy crystals in your bowl on top of the jam .While serving add a slice of lemon for a zesty look.
You can mash them if you want to get a smooth texture or leave it as chunky as shown in the picture.Your Pear Jam is ready to eat. Bon appetite : )