Happy Halloween everyone !!
Its fall and we see pumpkins everywhere..I mean literally everywhere..I wanted to buy a large pumpkin,carve it and do all the stuff..But my patio is full of fall leaves and all wood and I was worried putting a candle inside of it especially when im not at home.Whats the purpose of having a real Jack-o-lantern without the candle inside??
So I decided to make mini Jack-O-Lantern Fruit Bowls.These are Pumpkin Cups made with Oranges.
First we have to cut the orange on top and scoop out all the pulp.We are gonna use the pulp and make a compote.
You can fill them up with fruits,ice cream,pudding and much more...I wanted something light so I filled them up with strawberries, orange compote and Oreos.
These are super cute,healthy and will make an awesome dessert for Halloween. Just look at those fresh ingredients !!
Ok lets move on and see how you do this cutie :)
- Oranges as u need
- Oreo - a full pack
- Any Fruit, chopped into small pieces
- Some kind of chocolate cereal (optional) - I have used Chocolate Cap n crunch - 2 cups
- Mint leaves - fresh green ones
- Sugar - 1 cup
Making the compote:
- Cut open the orange gently on top.Scoop out all the pulp and put them in a bowl.
- Refrigerate the scooped out oranges for at least 10 min.
- Try removing the flesh of the orange as much as possible and remove the seeds.Pour them in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Take a deep bottomed pan.Add the pulp ( min 2 cups of pulp) and sugar and let it come to a boil.
- Then lower the flame and allow it to become thick like a sauce for about 20 min.Switch off and let it cool completely.
When assembling them I think its better you try it out as I did. Coz I tried a few options in which either the mint leaves fell or the cookies spilled all over you.After playing around the ingredients and the layers I think this worked out the best.
- Take out the scooped out oranges and draw funny Halloween faces using a sharpie or some kind of permanent marker.Let it dry completely.
- Take a blender and gently pulse the Oreos until they become coarse like sand.
- Add a layer of cereals,this forms the base.Add a layer of fresh fruits.
- Next gently spread the compote on top of the fruits.This is the how the Oreo cookies crumble stick on top of everything and doesn't spill all over you..Ha ha..
- Insert a fresh mint leaf on top.
- There you go !! An awesome jack o lantern orange edible plant for you and your family to enjoy.
Oh my such a cute jack o lantern recipe.I cant wait to try these.ReplyDelete