The stuffing can be anything you want - vegetables, fruits or chocolates. I did a filling with the leftover stuff in my refrigerator - Potatoes :)
Serve these yummy crispy snacks with tomato ketchup , sour cream or any other dip you like.
So, lets get started....
- Bread (Any kind) - 10 slices
- Potatoes - 4 to 6 small
- Onion - 1 large or 2 small
- Ginger - a small piece
- Garlic pods - 4
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder (optional) - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 5 tblsp
- Mint leaves - a handful ,finely chopped
- Cilantro/Coriander leaves - a handful ,finely chopped
- Pressure cook or boil the potatoes until they are very tender.Allow them to cool.Mash it and keep them aside.
- In a skillet add oil,add cumin seeds.Let it sizzle.Then add chopped ginger ,garlic and onion.Fry until they turn slightly brown then add the mashed potatoes.Add salt,turmeric,garam masala. Mix until well combined.Cook until they are soft and mushy for about 5 mins.Switch off the flame and let it come to room temperature.This is the filling.
- Take the bread slices and using a rolling pin flatten them until they are very thin.Then using a knife cut the edges.This forms the roll.Now its time to assemble.
- Take a bread slice.Scoop out 2 tsp of filling on one corner of the bread slice.Then start rolling them.When you reach the other end apply little water on the corner and seal the rolls.Repeat the same for the other bread slices.
- Take a wide pan and add a little oil.On a medium flame,place the rolls so that the smooth side is on top.This makes sure that the sealed side is faced down to make it crisp and firm.This makes sure the rolls doesn't break up,
- After 2 min turn them gently so the other side becomes crispy too.Repeat for the sides.Now all four sides are toasted and crispy.
- Serve them hot with tomato ketchup , sour cream or any other dip you like.