|Veg Hakka noodles - Sweet and tangy noodles|
Hakka noodles is a part of the Hakka cuisine which is the cooking style of Hakka people of China and Taiwan.They have a special way of cooking meats with carbohydrates.This is a simple vegetarian dish made with boiling noodles in hot water and then sautéing it with freshly stir fried veggies and sauces.
It is now a famous street food in India and part of the Indo- Chinese cuisine. Its spicy,tangy and sweet all at the same time.You can serve it with ketchup too.I love peanuts and i found that a simple peanut sauce with a cup of hot noodles are a perfect match.
- Hakka noodles - 1 pack
- Onion - 1
- Bell pepper/ Capsicum - 1
- Cabbage - 1/4
- Carrot - 1
- Green chillies - 3
- Ginger - small piece
- Garlic - 5-6 pods
- Scallion / Green onions - few strands finely chopped
- Oil - 3 tsp
Sweet and spicy sauce for noodles - Ingredients:
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Hot sesame oil - 2 tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili sauce - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- White vinegar - 1 tsp
Peanut Sauce for dipping - Ingredients :
- Peanut butter - 4 tsp
- Soya sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili sauce - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Hot Sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Water - 3 to 4 tsp
Mix all the ingredients and put them in a blender.Pulse them until smooth.Keep it aside in a small bowl.This is the peanut dipping sauce for the noodles.
- In a large pan bring water to boil and cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain and wash with cold water. Add 1/2 tsp oil and gently toss them.Keep the boiled noodles aside.
- Slice onion,carrot,capsicum,cabbage into thin slices.Finely mince ginger and garlic.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a large open pan or wok.Add ginger and garlic and saute for a min.
- Add remaining vegetables and keep sauteeing until they are half done.They should be cooked but also crunchy at the same time.Add salt and mix well.
- Add the boiled noodles to the pan and mix the veggies and noodles.
- In a separate bowl mix all the ingredients under " Sweet and spicy sauce for noodles ". Mix them well until combined.Add this to the pan.Gently toss the noodles in this sauce.
- After 2 mins switch off the flame.
- Top these noodles with chopped scallions and coarsely chopped peanuts on top.
- The chow mein is ready to serve and enjoy.Add chopsticks for an additional touch.
- Serve with creamy peanut sauce.
Post a Comment