Everyone loves Nutella. I am a Nutella addict and I have been using it in a lot of recipes.They are creamy,buttery nutty and have chocolate in it.What more can you expect ? :)
This mug cake recipe is something I have been trying for a while now .I have been experimenting with quite a few ingredients in various quantities and finally came up with a recipe that is super moist, soft ,has the right texture of a cake, doesn't get grainy even if it cools off and it has ooey gooey nutella in the center.It is egg less,can be made under 2 mins and all you need is a microwave. This is a quick fix dessert when you have friends come over.If you serve these warm mug cakes right out of the microwave,your guests are going to love it for sure.
So what are you waiting for ?? Go ahead and make this mug cake and I hope you enjoy every bite of it :)
Preparation Time : 1 min
Cooking Time : 70 sec
Serves : 2
What you need ?
- All purpose flour -1/4 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa - 2 tblsp
- Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 3 tsp
- Salt-1/8 tsp
- Milk - 1/4 cup + 1 extra tblsp
- Canola oil - 2 tblsp
- Nutella - 1 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients except nutella in a bowl and stir well until they are mixed fully.
- Take a microwave safe coffee mug preferably small size..Better not to fill the entire mug ,then the cake will overflow.That would be yumm too but visually we need it to be beautiful.Pour the batter about just over half of the cup.We need some room for the cake to rise.
- Add one spoon of Nutella on top.Just gently drop it and you are all done.The nutella sinks slowly into the batter all by itself.
- Microwave on high for 70 sec.I have a 1000 watt microwave so 70 sec was perfect.Adjust 10 seconds more or less based on your microwave's capacity.
- Carefully remove the cup from the microwave and let it cool for 30 sec.Sprinkle the top with powdered sugar or go crazy with some whipped cream.Insert a spoon and dunk into all the yummy goodness.Serve warm.