|Mashed potato with tortilla chips
Mashed potato dip is one of the yummiest dips I have ever tasted.It is insanely easy to make and come in handy if you are having an impromptu party.It is great with tortilla chips but I have also tried this with a bowl of hot rice and you will be surprised by how well it goes..I have tested many versions of this dip and this is so far my personal best in terms of consistency and taste.
- 1 big russet potato / baking potato
- 2 tblsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cream or whole milk
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
|Mashed potatoes with crushed peppercorns - closeup
|Original style Tortilla chips
- Peel and wash the potatoes and cut them into fine cubes.
- Microwave them on high for about 8-10 mins or until mushy.The potatoes must be entirely cooked.
- Melt the butter or use butter at room temperature.In a food processor add the cooked potatoes,salt,butter and half of your cream/milk and pulse it gently.Do not grind them completely as they will become too gooey and the taste will be different.
- Add the remaining milk little by little until a smooth paste consistency is formed.Instead of using a food processor you can just mash the potatoes using a masher/fork if you want.
- Top it with some freshly ground pepper.
- If you are having it with rice, you can add more cream and make it runny.
|Potatoes - cubed
|Potatoes - after cooking