|Loaded Potato Soup|
Hi guys.Its been so long since I posted a recipe. We relocated to a new location and things were crazy.Anyways, now I am back to blogging :)
Now I am back with a yummy soup made with potatoes.
We all know the importance of carbohydrates in our daily lives.No wonder potatoes are the king of carbohydrates.They are the building blocks of our body.
We all love potatoes boiled,baked,fried and what not.They are one of the most delicious and highly consumed vegetables of all times. I love potatoes when they are fried with a hint of aromatic spices.This is my first soup recipe and I decided to try it with my favourite vegetable 'Potato'.
Just keep in mind that when you make this soup , be sure to balance the rest of your meal for the day.You can have this soup as a starter followed by a salad or bread toast.This is a heavy soup which will make your tummy full :)
Saltine crackers go perfectly well with this soup .You can add croutons too.
- Russet potatoes/Yellow potatoes - 2
- Garlic cloves - 4
- Large Onion - 1
- Butter - 3 tblsp
- Green onion/Scallion/Spring Onion - a few strands
- Grated Parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup
- Freshly ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Whole milk/fresh cream/ half and half - 1/2 cup
- Wash and peel the potatoes and chop them into small cubes.Wash them several times to get rid of the starch.
- Boil the potatoes until soft and mushy.In a microwave,it takes about 10-12 mins.If you boil on stove,it takes around 15 mins.Press them between your fingers,they should mash completely.
- Peel the garlic cloves and chop the onion into small pieces.
- Heat a skillet and add butter.Saute the garlic and onions until they are translucent for about 5- 10 mins.Do not let them brown.Add some salt
- Now add the boiled potatoes and cream into the pan .Let it cook for 10 mins.Add the salt and black pepper to your taste.
- Transfer the contents to a food processor and blend it until smooth.Add some water if you find the consistency to be very thick.
- Chop the green onions into very thin pieces.
- Place some shredded cheese and chopped green onions on top of the soup and enjoy :)
- The final soup should neither be runny or too thick.Serve warm with saltine crackers.
|Boiled potato cubes|
|Onions and garlic sauteed in butter|
|Loaded potato soup with cream|
|Salt and Black pepper for seasoning|
|Loaded Potato Soup|
This is my first soup recipe and I really appreciate all the comments and suggestions :)