We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day blah blah....But honestly most of us skip it no matter how free we are at home.Why is that ? The truth is breakfast is not fun unless its sweet.
I would love to have cakes or a brownie for breakfast but we all know that's not good..Oatmeal has been the most trending breakfast these days and I used to love the different oatmeal which we get in stores.But nightmare stuck when I read the label .They are full of artificial flavors and preservatives .
So I mixed and matched few fresh fruits and nuts and the oatmeal turned out to be really fun.
This recipe calls for the the most scrumptious elegant saffron and the ever sweet banana with a hint of cinnamon.
This recipe is very nutritious and it just takes 3 mins to make.
- Oats - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1 to 1.5 cups
- Banana - 1 chopped
- Saffron - few strands
- Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Brown Sugar or Honey - 2 tblsp (optional)
- Sliced almonds - a few pieces
- Take a pan and add oats and water.Boil in medium flame for 1 min .
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let it cook for 2 min.
- Add few tblsps of warm almond milk or regular milk if needed . Since this recipe is vegan I have not added anything.
- Take a cute bowl and pour some oats.Top it off with some sliced almonds and saffron.Serve warm.
If you have interesting oatmeal ideas please do share it in the comments section below.
Post a Comment