It has been 4 years since I started this blog and this makes me immensely happy.A big thank you to everyone for all the love and support !! Your love keeps me motivated :)
I have been meaning to post a waffle recipe for so long. Traditional waffles are yummy healthy,crispy on the outside and a bit spongy on the inside.But I always like my waffles crispy.This recipe is nice and crunchy both on the inside and outside.
I am a big fan of banana bread and combining the flavor into the waffles made it even more yummy.It is healthy and nutritious.
|Golden Organic bananas|
|Do you feel the crispiness ?|
- All purpose flour - 1 and 1/2 cups
- Corn starch - 1/2 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tblsp
- Granulated white sugar - 1/4 cup
- Light brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Ripe Banana - 2 large mashed
- Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg(optional) - a pinch
- Cannola oil or vegetable oil - 1/3 cup
- Milk - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs,oil,milk and whisk them together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients into dry and mix them gently until there are no lumps.Add the mashed banana and mix again.It is ok if the bananas are a little chunky.
- Get your waffle maker heated up to the setting just below the high.Too low heat would ruin this recipe .We want a crispy waffle not a soggy one.
- Pour a generous ladle of batter on the waffle iron.Make sure you don't leave any space.
- Let it cook until the timer says its ready. Then switch the setting to medium and allow them to get crispy for about 2 more mins.Make sure you don't burn them.
- Sprinkle with almonds,fresh bananas,honey,semi sweet chocolate chips and powdered sugar.Breakfast can't get any better than this.