Potatoes are a great source of carbohydrates and are consumed all around the world in different ways.
They are fried, baked ,boiled or popped .Potatoes still remain a favorite snack.
This recipe shows how to make a pan roasted potato.
- 2 large potatoes
- 1/2 tblsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tblsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tblsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tblsp of Salt or as required
- 4 tblsp Oil
- 1/2 tblsp mustard seeds
- 1 tblsp split urad dal
- 5-6 curry leaves
- A pinch of asafoetida or hing
- Wash and peel the potatoes and chop them into very small cubes.Keep them immersed into a bowl of water to avoid discoloration.
- In a large pan, bring some water to boil and add the chopped potatoes so that they are well immersed into the water.Add some salt and let them boil for around 10 mins.
- If you are using a microwave then add the potatoes,water and salt in a microwavable container. Boil them on high for 8-10 mins.
- Insert a fork and check the consistency.They must be half boiled and not completely mashed.Drain them and keep aside.
- Heat a large skillet in medium-high .Add oil and after it gets hot, add the mustard seeds.Wait for them to pop up , then add urad dal, curry leaves, and hing.Saute for a min.
- Then add the drained potatoes and saute for 2 mins.
- Now add turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, red chili powder and mix well until each piece is well coated.Add more oil if you want it crunchy.On a medium heat ,let it slowly roast for about 15- 20 mins mixing at regular intervals.
Serve it with a bowl of hot rice or eat it as a snack.
Post a Comment