Gooseberry is a tangy ,juicy ,sweet - tart fruit .They are a good source of essential nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin A, manganese and dietary fiber.They are low in calories, fat- and cholesterol-free.
They are very popular in India and most of the houses have these yummy tangy fruit trees.I remember picking them up from the ground,washing them and eating them raw.Nothing beats the urge to eat them as soon as you pick them up.The best and simple way to eat them is to just marinade them in salt water.Oh the taste would be heavenly.
Our family made this for us when we were on vacation.I loved it and was so addicted.
This juice recipe is a bit sweeter which makes it a perfect drink for the summer for you and your kids to enjoy.
This recipe makes the concentrate of the juice.You can store it in an air tight container for a few days.Just before serving dilute it with water.
|Pure Organic Honey|
- Amla /Nellikai - about 5 to 6
- Pure Honey - 3 tblsp
- Palm Sugar / Panankalkandu - 3 to 4 large pieces
- Water - 2 cups
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- Remove the pit of the gooseberries and chop them up roughly.
- Soak the Kalkandu in water for a few mins.
- Add honey,gooseberries and soaked kalkandu ,salt along with water in a blender and pulse them until smooth.
- Filter the juice using a strainer and discard the pulp.
- This is the amla juice concentrate.
- Just before serving, take a tall glass ,add about a quater cup of concentrate, a few icecubes and required water.Add more honey if u need it.Mix well and enjoy :)
|A refreshing summer drink - Perfect for summer|
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete