This recipe shows how to make a chocolate cake in a cooker ,without using an oven.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 40 gms dark chocolate (or) 2 tsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine (or) unsalted butter .
- Sieve the all purpose flour and baking powder in an bowl and keep aside.Mix the sugar with margarine(or) melted butter throughly.
- If you are using the dark chocolate then take a double boiler.Cut the dark chocolate into little pieces and add very little milk.Let the boiler melt the chocolate.
- Beat the eggs and add the castor sugar slowly into the egg mixture while whisking continuously.Then add the flour mixture and the melted chocolate.
- The mixture should not be thick and should be of pouring consistency, if not add some milk.
- Grease a cake tray (or) any suitable vessel with butter and sprinkle some flour over it.Pour the cake mixture in it.
- Preheat the cooker with a little water on high flame for 5 minutes. Now place another empty vessel inside the cooker to act as a stand.The cake tray must not be placed directly into the cooker bottom as this may lead to overcooking .
- Now place the cake tray over the stand and place the cooker lid.Do not place the whistle.Let it cook on a medium flame for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 min open the lid and check if the cake is cooked by inserting a knife in it. If the knife comes out clean, then the cake is cooked . If not let it cook for some more time.Then switch off the flame.Let the steam release completely.
- After the steam is fully released,take out the cake and let it cool down for atleast 30 minutes.