This recipe shows how to make a chocolate cake in a cooker ,without using an oven.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 40 gms dark chocolate (or) 2 tsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 3/4 cup margarine (or) unsalted butter .
- Sieve the all purpose flour and baking powder in an bowl and keep aside.Mix the sugar with margarine(or) melted butter throughly.
- If you are using the dark chocolate then take a double boiler.Cut the dark chocolate into little pieces and add very little milk.Let the boiler melt the chocolate.
- Beat the eggs and add the castor sugar slowly into the egg mixture while whisking continuously.Then add the flour mixture and the melted chocolate.
- The mixture should not be thick and should be of pouring consistency, if not add some milk.
- Grease a cake tray (or) any suitable vessel with butter and sprinkle some flour over it.Pour the cake mixture in it.
- Preheat the cooker with a little water on high flame for 5 minutes. Now place another empty vessel inside the cooker to act as a stand.The cake tray must not be placed directly into the cooker bottom as this may lead to overcooking .
- Now place the cake tray over the stand and place the cooker lid.Do not place the whistle.Let it cook on a medium flame for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 min open the lid and check if the cake is cooked by inserting a knife in it. If the knife comes out clean, then the cake is cooked . If not let it cook for some more time.Then switch off the flame.Let the steam release completely.
- After the steam is fully released,take out the cake and let it cool down for atleast 30 minutes.
Laavy.. unaku ivlo samaika theriyum nu theriyaama poche... trichy la irukum podhe vandhu saaptu irukalam.. time waste panniten :P.. above everything pics u post are awesome!!!ReplyDelete
Hey thanks a lot Rams :) Really appreciate for taking time and commenting.Keep encouraging me :)When I come to Trichy we can have a feast !!Delete
This comment has been removed by the author.Delete
hey enna over formal a reply panra.. i tried ur pan seared sweet potatoes it did come out really well.. loved it. and yes trichy varum podhu sure a let me know.. :PReplyDelete
Hey thats great Rams :)Sorry if i sounded formal :D . If possible share the picture of your dish with me in facebook.Delete