Tired of cooking the usual pulao/biryani.Try this Jaipuri Pulao for a change and I am sure you are going to make this again and again. This just takes a few mins of prep time and the taste is just amazing.
I came across this recipe in a cooking channel in TV. I tried it and now this is my family's favorite pulao :)
This pulao gets its flavor from one major spice - Cardamom
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Water - 1.5 cups
- Butter / Ghee - 3-4 tblsp
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cashews - 2 tblsp
- Coriander leaves - a small bunch - roughly chopped
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Veggies - 1 cup -finely chopped
Vegetables Used :
- Carrot - 1
- Capsicum - 1/2
- Beans - 4-5
- Brocolli - a small bunch
- Green peas - 1/4 cup
- Sweet corn kernels - 1/4 cup
Fresh Masala Paste - To grind
- Onion - 1 small - roughly chopped
- Cardamom - 4
- Cashews - 1 tblsp
- Green chilli - 3-5 depending on your spice level
- Garlic pods - 5
- Ginger - a small piece
- Coriander powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tblsp
- Fresh cream or Milk - 4 tblsp
- Soak basmati rice for 10 min and cook it until they are loose and fluffy.Do not let them cook completely.
- Finely chop the veggies and in a tsp of oil saute them for just 2-4 min they they are half done.They should be crunchy.Keep them aside.
- In a food processor/blender add all the ingredients under 'To grind' and grind it until they are smooth.
- In a large pan,add ghee and remaining oil.Add bay leaf and cashews.Then add the ground masala and let it cool until it reduces half its size and the raw smell is gone.
- Now add the cooked rice and sauteed veggies.Add chopped coriander leaves.Mix everything until the rice is well coated with the masala.
- Serve hot with raita or papad.