Parfait is a frozen dessert that dates back to 1800 s .
In France, parfait refers to a frozen dessert made from a base of sugar syrup, egg, and cream.
In the United States, parfait refers to either the traditional French-style dessert or to a popular variant, the American parfait, made by layering parfait cream, ice cream, and/or flavored gelatins in a tall, clear glass, and topping the creation with whipped cream, fresh or canned fruit, and/or liqueurs.
In Canada and the United States, parfaits may also be made by using yogurt layered with granola, nuts or fresh fruits, such as peaches, strawberries, or blueberries.
If you cannot find blueberries for the season,you can replace them with strawberries / Mango / Peach / Chikoo / Raspberry / Cherries / Banana or any other fruits which are pitted,peeled and chopped.
- Fresh blueberries- 1/2 cup
- Plain nonfat yogurt (or) Vanilla yogurt- 1 cup
- Honey - 2 tblsp (skip it while using vanilla yogurt)
- Mint leaves - a few
- Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
- Granola - 1 cup
In this recipe I have used Kind protein fruit and nut clusters and Cascadian farms pumpkin spice granola.
- Wash the blueberries.In a blender add yogurt ,honey and blueberries and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Take a trifle cup or any tall glass so you can add a lot of layers.
- Add a layer of yogurt.Top it with some granola.Repeat the same .Alternate the layers with yogurt and two different granola until you reach the top.Add an extra layer of granola and top it off with some mint leaves and cinnamon powder.
- Serve chilled.